- Catholic Life
- Student Wellbeing
- Student Services
- Extra Curricular
Mobile Phone Policy
At Mater Dei Catholic College we value and promote the responsible use of mobile phones.
The following guidelines are examples of responsible use:
· Mobile Phones may be used in the classroom for the purposes of learning at the discretion of the teacher; however, they are not a replacement for laptops.
· As per Board of Studies expectations, they cannot be taken into any examination.
· When taking pictures and/or video the permission and consent of participants must be obtained. Using pictures and/or video which cause embarrassment to others is not responsible use of a mobile phone.
· Text messaging, on a needs basis, can take place at recess or lunch.
· Students are not to make or receive calls during the school day.