STAGE 6 – HIGHER SCHOOL CERTIFICATE
Towards the end of Year 10 students select their courses for Year 11 and Year 12. A broad range of courses is offered.
Years 11 and 12
All students must study at least 2 Units of English and study of Religion. The choices of Religion are: 1 Unit Catholic Studies, 1 Unit Studies of Religion or 2 Unit Studies of Religion for the Preliminary and HSC.
Students choose the remainder of their subjects after a considerable period of consultation and discussion between students, teachers and parents from the beginning of Term 3, Year 10.
There are a wide range of available subjects. Subjects will be timetabled only if selected by a viable number of students and if staffing is available. Some subjects may be available on-line or through distance education. There is also the option for students to complete TAFE courses as part of their studies.
There are school based entry requirements for some subjects.
Elective subjects available for the Higher School Certificate include:
- Ancient History
- Modern History
- Extension History (HSC only)
- Business Studies
- Community and Family Studies
- Design and Technology
- English - Advanced
- English - Standard
- English - Fundamentals (Preliminary only)
- English - Extension 1
- English - Extension 2 (HSC only)
- English Studies (Board Approved Course)
- Exploring Early Childhood
- Information Processes and Digital Technology
- Legal Studies
- Mathematics (General 1 and 2, 2 Unit, Extension 1 and Extension 2)
- Music 1
- Photography and Digital Imaging
- Investigating Science
- Extension Science (HSC only)
- Society and Culture
- Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation
- VET subjects (Construction, Hospitality, Information Technology, Metals & Engineering)
- Visual Arts