Mission and Vision
In keeping with the Vision Statement of the Diocese of Wagga Wagga, Mater Dei Catholic College strives to be a nurturing community which
- is founded in Catholic faith, justice and love
- is inclusive
- is learner centred
- seeks excellence and wisdom
“The person of each individual human being, in her or his material and spiritual needs, is at the heart of Christ’s teaching; this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of the Catholic School” JPII [#9]
To nurture, we are called….
- to care for each individual, affirming their dignity and uniqueness
- to foster right relationships with God, creation, self and others
- to provide particular attention to those most in need
- to build a welcoming, safe and supportive school environment.
“The Catholic School fosters a particular climate where students, teachers, non- teaching staff, parents, clergy and the wider community feel welcomed and valued” [Barry Dwyer]
We are entrusted…..
- to nourish our spiritual life and ministry
- to connect with the Parish, Diocesan and wider community
- to strengthen relationships and communication between members of the educating community
- to make present the spirit of Nano Nagle, Edmund Rice and Mary, Mother of God
“…knowledge set in the context of faith, becomes wisdom and life vision” JPII[#14]
As faithful we are called….
- to strive for an understanding of ourselves and others as dignified and loved by God
- to value the unique contributions made by each person
- to practise justice through tolerance, empathy and service
- to pray, celebrate and evangelise with a Catholic perspective
- to build hope in a faith-filled future
“…all human values find their fulfilment and unity in Christ” JPII[#3]
“…there is no separation between time for learning and time for formation, between acquiring notions and growing in wisdom” JPII[#14]
As learners we are encouraged….
- to develop the values, knowledge and skills necessary to undertake lifelong personal, spiritual and intellectual growth
- to strive for excellence through programmes which cater to the needs, interests and abilities of the individual.