Student Leadership Opportunities
All 11 students participate in a Leadership Program in Term 2 and as a part of this experience, may choose to nominate for the role/s of College Captain and House Captain.
Appointments are made at the end of Term 3 and commence from the start of Term 4 for a twelve month period.
The College community elects the Student Representative Council, connecting the student body to College structures and consists of students democratically elected by their peers in Years 8 to 11. In each House, one student from each year group is elected to the SRC, 24 students in all.
The term of office for the SRC is a full year for all representatives. The SRC addresses relevant issues and sets achievable goals which support the whole College.
- The Educational – students develop skills in leadership and communication
- Democratic – every student has a voice
- Responsible – students solve real problems and make real decisions
- Sharing – students share with the College Leadership Team, teachers and the College community in the decision-making
- Caring – students care about their College and what happens in it and to it
- Fun and rewarding – students experience enjoyment through successful participation
The SRC will work within the College and the wider community to raise awareness of identified issues within their Year Group, House and across the College.
The SRC will initiate, plan and conduct activities that may promote;
Social Justice Ambassadors
Senior students have the opportunity to nominate for the role of a Social Justice Ambassador and if successful, will be appointed for a one year term.
Areas of service include:
- St Vincent DePaul
- Justice Matters
- Green Team
- Red Cross Blood Donation